- Fill the base of the stove top with filtered water to just below the level of the safety valve.
- Place the filter basket in to the base and fill to the top with medium/fine ground coffee.
- Make sure the coffee is evenly distributed without using pressure to push the coffee down. This will allow for a more even extraction.
- Screw the parts together and place over a heating base.
- Remove from the heat as soon as it starts to make a percolating sound.
Finding the correct grind size will vary between brewing methods and depending on the contact time of the water and the coffee.
To create the perfect drink a specific coffee to water ratio is needed. Too much coffee will taste harsh and bitter, too little will taste watery and thin. Typically in most filter brew methods, a brew ratio of 12g (one dessert spoon), to 200ml (1 cup) will produce great results.