- Place a paper filter in the filter holder and rinse to avoid any papery taste.
- Invert the aeropress and fit the rubber section into the bottom of the main chamber. Make sure it is securely up to the number 4 mark.
- Put 15g or one heaped dessert spoon of medium ground coffee into the inverted aeropress.
- Start a timer and pour a small amount of hot filtered water onto the coffee, just enough to wet all the grinds.
- After 30 seconds add the remaining water almost to the top and stir.
- Fit the paper filter holder on to the aeropress.
- At 1:15min turn the aeropress upside down and plunge over 30 seconds until you can just see the grinds. Total time 1:45 minutes.
Finding the correct grind size will vary between brewing methods and depending on the contact time of the water and the coffee.
To create the perfect drink a specific coffee to water ratio is needed. Too much coffee will taste harsh and bitter, too little will taste watery and thin. Typically in most filter brew methods, a brew ratio of 12g (one dessert spoon), to 200ml (1 cup) will produce great results.